The Emergency Support Program (ESP) service identifies and provides housing and support options for people who are sleeping rough in Southern Tasmania.
We do this by providing:
- conduct outreach services for people who are sleeping rough and find it difficult to connect with face to face office-based services;
- referrals to other support services that can meet the person’s needs;
- support for preparing applications for private rentals and social housing; and
- support for people who may need intensive support, case management, crisis intervention and case coordination.
At COVID-19 Stage 1 – Being Aware, Safe and Healthy
We provide this service in a range of ways that best meets the needs of people who are sleeping rough in our streets.
We can provide access to services by connecting with our outreach workers, by arranging meetings at a number of sites where rough sleepers are accessing services including the Housing Connect offices or by phone.
- We are here to support you. Our staff continue to work as needed.
- You will find that our consumer face-to-face contact is limited and the majority is now via telephone or videoconferencing when possible.
- If you are felling unwell, we encourage you not to visit us in person, but please call instead.
- You can reach our Housing Connect team on 1800 800 588 or firstname.lastname@example.org