Colony 47 is the lead agency for Housing Connect in Southern Tasmania. Housing Connect provides intake, assessment and support services to all people experiencing, or at risk of experiencing, homelessness in Southern Tasmania.
Housing Connect Front Door & Housing Connect Outreach roles
The Front Door provides access to information and support; social housing assessment, advisory and application support services; private rental and bond assistance services; referral to specialist homelessness support services and crisis accommodation. Staff perform a range of crisis assessment and triage activities.
Housing Connect Outreach roles provide physical and virtual outreach and support to assist people maintain their accommodation; assist people experiencing primary and secondary homelessness; help people access specialist advice, a range of specialist supports and referrals to other appropriate supports. Staff provide case management service and support.
About these roles
- Staff work with members of the public and are ideally available for a full day, between 9am and 5pm
- Positions are available on a Casual basis or at a minimum of 4 days per week
- Staff are required to maintain accurate, timely and confidential case notes and client records
- Applicants should have some knowledge of and/or experience in:
- The Tasmanian Housing Sector
- The range of barriers facing people who are trying to maintain their accommodation and those who are experiencing, or are at risk of experiencing, homelessness
- Conducting strengths-based, crisis and in-depth client assessment
- Taking and recording accurate, appropriate case notes and maintaining confidentiality
- Skilled at using computers and technology
- Preferred qualifications include a Bachelor Degree, Diploma or Certificate IV in at least one of the following:
- Social Work
- Community services
- Mental health
- Alcohol and Other Drugs