Parents and Kids Together works with young people aged 6-12 to increase their engagement with their families and education.
Parents and Kids Together helps to build this engagement through a 6 week school based creative arts group program. Parents join their children to work on a shared project, perhaps a family castle, a rocket ship or their own island paradise. Families are provided with mostly recycled materials that are inexpensive, easy to find and easy to use to create their projects. The group is facilitated to emphasise individual and family strengths and to promote strong relationships. Participants are invited to set goals, plan, make and reflect upon their projects in ways that emphasise their connections with each other.
- Strengthens family relationships;
- Builds connections within the group and the school community;
- Develops communication and social skills;
- Provides education about protective behaviours;
- Builds self esteem; and
- Develops problem solving skills.
PAKT is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
At COVID-19 Stage 1 – Being Aware, Safe and Healthy
We remain open for business as usual. You will see that our staff are being more diligent with personal hygiene and safe social distancing measures.
- We are here to support you. Our staff remain to work as per normal remotely and new referrals are being taken.
- The PaKT program is currently being delivered in schools with COVID-19 safe measures in place.
- You can reach our PAKT team on 1800 265 669