Parents and Kids Together works with young people aged 6-12 to increase their engagement with their families and education.
Parents and Kids Together helps to build this engagement through a 6 week school based creative arts group program. Parents join their children to work on a shared project, perhaps a family castle, a rocket ship or their own island paradise. Families are provided with mostly recycled materials that are inexpensive, easy to find and easy to use to create their projects. The group is facilitated to emphasise individual and family strengths and to promote strong relationships. Participants are invited to set goals, plan, make and reflect upon their projects in ways that emphasise their connections with each other.
- Strengthens family relationships;
- Builds connections within the group and the school community;
- Develops communication and social skills;
- Provides education about protective behaviours;
- Builds self esteem; and
- Develops problem solving skills.
PAKT is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
At COVID-19 Stage 3 – Remote Service Delivery
Due to the current Coronavirus situation we are very mindful of the need to limit the potential community transmission of the virus. With this in mind, PAKT staff will be available through phone, email, sms and videoconferencing.
- We are here to support you. Our staff remain to work as per normal remotely and new referrals are being taken.
- We are transitioning back into schools, with appropriate social distancing and hygiene practiced.
- You can reach our PAKT team on 03 6214 1326