‘If we are to continue to achieve positive change in our communities, we must have the evidence to say that we are having a positive social impact’.
Colony 47’s vision is to create a thriving, connected and diverse community where no one is left behind.
Our purpose as an organisation is to support people to achieve their goals in life.
Colony 47 is an independent, proudly Tasmanian social enterprise.
We are community owned and operated and our services are independent of faith and belief systems and open to everyone
From our pioneering beginnings in 1973 until today, Colony 47 has been at the forefront of identifying and addressing the complex needs of socially isolated and vulnerable Tasmanians.
- People First – we see the potential in everyone and invest in them to achieve their goals
- Engaging – we are kind, compassionate and open in the way we engage with ourselves and others
- Leading and creating a legacy – we take the opportunity to lead and resolve social issues to create our legacy
- Learning and growing – we learn from our mistakes and challenge ourselves to include, listen, learn and create a better way
- Grounded and real – we stay grounded by listening and understanding the stories of people’s journeys in life
- Happy, healthy and having fun – we are happy, healthy and have fun in celebrating people’s success